Robot Project - The Bug
The Bug v. 2.0 Final
Robot Control Center Application
On this page you can read about the robot project we have made during the course ETVP4E-ECE45-F08 at IHK.
The Robot called "The Bug"
Short info about the robot:
- The robot is able to follow a track of metallic tape on the floor by use of magnetic sensors.
- The motors are controlled by a special implementation of a PPI-controller.
- The overall control unit is an ATmega32 microcontroller unit programmed in the language C.
- The chassis is custom made from 5 mm transparent acrylic glass.
- The robot is communicable via bluetooth and can be controlled by a computer with a custom software program which also receives status information from the robot.
- Furthermore the robot can also be controlled from a mobile bluetooth enabled device such as a cell phone or PDA. Both programs will also draw a crudde layout of the track ritten by the robot from a relative origin. Both programs are written in the Java language.
- The robot is equipped with two blue LEDs for visual indication of the robot position in low light areas. The robot is also equipped with a buzzer which sounds if the robot should reach an error state.
- All PCBs and fittings on the robot are made by us: Christian, Emil, and Nicki. This is with the exception of Santa Claus and the wheels! The wheels where bought from the hobby store Holte Modelhobby (Danish).
At this link you can see a short video clip of "The Bug". The clip is filmed by Nicki and shows the robot completing the compulsory task as demanded by the specifications.